Baal AADHAAR for Children: All You Need to Know
March 05, 2018
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has introduced a new type of blue-colored Aadhaar for children below 5 years which can be created without the biometric data. However, once they become 5 years old, their Aadhaar has to be updated with the same.
UIDAI said that once the child attains the age of 15 their Aadhaar has to be updated with additional biometric information once again. It also said that for ID verification the parents can use the photo ID card issued by the child’s school (by a recognized education institution) too.
How to create a Baal Aadhaar?
To create a Baal Aadhaar, you can take the following steps:
- Go to your nearest Aadhaar enrolment centre and fill out an enrolment form.
- Furnish the birth certificate of the child for ID verification purposes. In addition to that, one of the parents must also present their own Aadhaar number as well as their mobile number.
- Since the child is too young, no biometric information is required. Instead, only his/her photograph will be used for the Aadhaar. This photo will be clicked in the enrolment centre itself.
- The child’s “Baal Aadhaar” will be linked to the Aadhaar of his parents.
- You will be given an acknowledgment slip once the enrolment process is finished.
- The details will be verified and the online database updated. When this happens, an SMS will be sent to the registered mobile number. Then, within 2 months the Aadhaar number will be issued for the child.