Top Personality Traits for a Successful Career
November 08, 2018
There are a number of factors that determine how successful you become in your career. Of course, education plays a big role which includes the institutes you get it from, and your knowledge of the industry you are in. However, your personality also affects your job opportunities and career growth.
The following are some personality traits that can help you achieve your career goals easily and quickly:
In most companies, the employees are expected to perform outside their comfort zone. So, it doesn’t matter whether you are in management, engineering, or accounts, you may need to take duties that you aren’t really trained for.
When you work in a corporate, there are new challenges every day. How you deal with them defines who you are.
If you are easily discouraged by setbacks, then you can have a hard time surviving, let alone becoming successful in your career. On the other hand, if know how to take responsibility and think on your feet, you have a good chance of progressing in your industry at a good pace.
You don’t necessarily have to be in management or HR to have a leadership quality. Even if you are a software engineer in an IT company, you can make a strong case for yourself for a promotion as a senior engineer or project manager when the time comes, if you have displayed the qualities of a leader.
Most jobs require some form of collaboration, and how to perform in these environments affect your career. So, you want to be a team player, i.e. someone who doesn’t only focus on himself but rather the entire team so that whatever project you are working on is completed on time and without any hassles.
Photo credit: col&tasha on VisualHunt / CC BY
- MBA from UK University: https://ask.careers/courses/mba-from-uk-university/
- Post Graduate Diploma in Banking & Finance: https://ask.careers/courses/post-graduate-diploma-in-banking-finance/
- Post Graduate Diploma in Digital Marketing: https://ask.careers/courses/post-graduate-diploma-in-digital-business/
- Post Graduate Diploma in Integrated Marketing, Advertising & Communication: https://ask.careers/courses/post-graduate-diploma-in-advertising-marketing/
- Professional Diploma in Banking and Financial Services: https://ask.careers/courses/professional-diploma-in-banking-management/
- Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing: https://ask.careers/courses/professional-diploma-in-digital-marketing/
- Professional Diploma in Real Estate Management: https://ask.careers/courses/professional-diploma-in-real-estate-management/
- Professional Diploma in Photography: https://ask.careers/courses/professional-diploma-in-photography/
- Certificate in Business English: https://ask.careers/courses/certificate-in-business-english/
- MBA for Executives: https://ask.careers/courses/mba-for-executives/
- Mumbai: https://ask.careers/cities/mumbai/
- TSCMC: https://ask.careers/?post_type=institute&p=401419
- TSCFM: https://ask.careers/institutes/tscfm/