Back to Career News

NBFCs Partner with Banks Under Loan Scheme

May 18, 2019

NBFCs Partner with Banks Under Loan Scheme

Several non-banking financial companies (NBFCs) are joining hands with banks to take advantage of the loan co-origination scheme announced by the Reserve Bank of India in August 2018. It is designed to help NBFCs to find cheaper ways to raise funds due to liquidity issues.

According to estimates between ₹5,000 crore and₹10,000 crore worth of loans have been sanctioned to NBFCs since the launch of the scheme. It enables the NBFCs to approve loans with a minimum 20% risk exposure while the remaining 80% is funded by the bank at rates that have been agreed by the two entities

Image Source

Recommended for you ...

Getepay Onboards Cricketer Virendra Sehwag to Revolutionize Digital Payments
Getepay Onboards Cricketer Virendra Sehwag to Revolutionize Digital Payments

July 17, 2024

Kotak Mahindra Bank Shifts Focus to Physical Branch Expansion
Kotak Mahindra Bank Shifts Focus to Physical Branch Expansion

July 17, 2024

Indian Banks Offer Higher Rates to Attract Savers
Indian Banks Offer Higher Rates to Attract Savers

July 17, 2024

Chat on WhatsApp