WhatsApp to Comply with RBI Norms for Data Storage
April 10, 2019
Top messenger app WhatsApp is preparing to follow the guidelines for payment data’s localization that were provided by the Reserve Bank of India. Under these, it will store the data of its users on servers based in India only.
A senior executive of Facebook which is the parent company of WhatsApp said that the app is ready to comply with RBI guidelines. They added that “only some engineering work is left”.
WhatsApp offers online payment service via the United Payments Interface (UPI) network. According to the data with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), over 800 million transactions were done via UPI this March.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Digital Marketing: https://ask.careers/courses/post-graduate-diploma-in-digital-business/
- Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing: https://ask.careers/courses/professional-diploma-in-digital-marketing/
- MBA from UK University: https://ask.careers/courses/mba-from-uk-university/
- Mumbai: https://ask.careers/cities/mumbai/
- TSCFM: https://ask.careers/institutes/tscfm/
- TSCMC: https://ask.careers/?post_type=institute&p=401419