How to Transfer Your SBI Account to Another Branch Online
March 20, 2018
In many public and private sector lenders, the procedure for bank account transfer from one branch to another is rather complicated and involves a lot of paperwork. However, public sector State Bank of India (SBI) has made it a lot easier by offering the service on its online portal.
SBI’s savings account holders can now transfer their bank account from one SBI branch to another anywhere across the country for free and within just a week.
It’s important to note that the transfer service is available on only savings accounts and may not be provided for those that are inoperative. Two other prerequisites for the service are that your mobile number must be registered with the bank and you must have net banking service available.
The following are steps you can take to transfer your savings account to a different bank branch of SBI:
- Visit www.onlinesbi.com
- Click on “personal banking”
- Login with your credentials
- Click “e-services” option on the top panel
- Click “transfer of savings account”
- Select the account you want to transfer (if there are multiple accounts)
- Enter the branch code for the branch you want to transfer your account to. If you don’t know the code, you can find it at www.sbi.co.in/corporate/branchlocator.htm. You can also call your bank/customer support number to get this information
- Click the “branch name” button which will auto-fill the section for you with the help of the branch code entered
- Now, you will be taken to a different page where you will have to verify the transfer. Once you have given a confirmation, an OTP will be sent to your mobile number.
- Enter the OPT to verify.
- You will receive a message “Your branch transfer request has been successfully registered”
If all goes well, your account will be transferred within a week. You can check the status of the same by logging into your net banking account.